Women's Health Physiotherapy was founded from the clinical area of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and is the care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally, including the teaching of antenatal classes, in the treatment of incontinence, and in the care of women undergoing gynaecological surgery. The scope of practice has now increased to include all health concerns of women: incontinence, pelvic/ vaginal pain, prenatal and postpartum musculoskeletal pain, osteoporosis, rehabilitation following breast surgery, lymphedema, education prevention, wellness and exercise. All females across the life span, from the young athlete, the childbearing woman, the menopausal and elderly woman receive benefit from physical therapy.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Womens Health"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- Patient Guide: Womens Health
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor Anatomy
- Pelvic Floor and Other Pelvic Disorders
- Pelvic Floor Distress Inventory (PFDI - 20)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Impact Questionnaire (PFIQ - 7)
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Function and Strength
- Pelvic Girdle Questionnaire (PGQ)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Physical Activity and Pregnancy
- Physical Activity and Women
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Post natal exercises after Cesarean section
- Posterior Pelvic Pain Provocation Test
- Preconceptual care
- Pregnancy Related Pelvic Pain
- Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction
- Pudendal Neuralgia