Acute care is an area of practice dedicated to the provision of physiotherapy services in hospitals. In this setting, individuals are admitted to a hospital for short-term care due to illness, injury, surgery or other trauma. The goal of care is to promote recovery and, once medically stable, ensure safe discharge from a physical rehabilitation standpoint.
The articles within this category apply to one or more of the following domains related to acute care practice:
- Hospital structure and services
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Chart view
- Patient safety
- Medical diagnoses and treatments
- Tests and imaging
- Lines and equipment
- Physiotherapy assessment, treatment & discharge planning
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Acute Care"
The following 103 pages are in this category, out of 103 total.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Cervical Collar
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Chest Drains
- Chest X-Rays
- Clavicular Fracture
- Clinical Records
- Compartment Syndrome
- Compartment Syndrome of the Foot
- Compartment Syndrome of the Lower Leg
- Concussion Prevention Strategies
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Critical Illness Polyneuropathy (CIP)
- CT Scans