What Are Case Studies?
Case studies are a record of clinical practice in relation to a particular patient.
Why Case Studies?
- Clinicians or researchers may use case studies to demonstrate both classical and unusual presentations.
- A collection of case studies can provide an invaluable record of the clinical practices of a profession.
- They can be used in teaching scenarios such as for discussions in the classroom.
- Learners may be tasked with producing a case study to demonstrate learning.
Case Studies in Physiopedia
Case studies may be published in Physiopedia to contribute to the knowledge base of the profession. To be accepted for publication in Physiopedia case studies must:
- Only use skills that are within the scope of practice of the physiotherapy profession.
- Be supported by appropriate evidence with good use of references.
- Be written in an academic case study format (see the Physiopedia Case Study Template)
Dr. Brian Budgell. Guidelines to the writing of case studies. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2008 Dec; 52(4): 199–204.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Amputee Case Studies (106 P)
- ► Foot - Case Studies (1 C, 7 P)
- ► Head - Case Studies (5 P)
- ► Knee - Case Studies (1 P)
- ► Lumbar Spine - Case Studies (1 P)
- ► Neurological - Case Studies (21 P)
- ► Older People/Geriatrics - Case Studies (11 P)
- ► Thoracic Spine - Case Studies (1 P)
Pages in category "Case Studies"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Case Study
- Addison's Disease Case Study
- Adult Spastic Cerebral Palsy: A Case Study Amidst A Lack of Evidence
- Amputee Case Study: 79 Year Old BKA Amputee at a Geriatric Rehabilitation Department in a Nursing Home
- Amputee Case Study: An Elderly Man in Semi-rural South Africa
- Amputee Case Study: An Unexpected Amputation and the Challenges Faced by an Older Adult
- Case Report on Zika
- Case Report Template 2017
- Template:Case Study
- Case Study - Rehabilitation of Post Concussion Syndrome
- Case study lower limb amputation: Amputee Case Study
- Case Study McArdle Disease
- Case study of hydrotherapy intervention in a child with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy
- Case Study: Achilles Tendonopathy
- Case Study: Adolescent Anterior Knee Pain
- Case Study: Bariatric Patients Have Feelings Too!
- Case Study: Exercise in MS
- Case Study: Parkinson's and Falls Due to Freezing Gait
- Case Study: Shoulder Impingement
- Case Study:Bilateral Hip Osteoarthritis
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease: A Case Study
- Clubfoot with Post-Surgical Relapse
- Cluster Headache Case Study
- Complications post forefoot amputation: Amputee case study
- Conversion Disorder Case Study
- Course Case Study - Tendinopathy 1
- Course Case Study - Tendinopathy 2
- Crohn's Disease Case Study
- Management of Spinal Cord Injuries - ASIA Scoring Example
- Management of Spinal Cord Injuries - Case Study Part 1
- Management of Spinal Cord Injuries - Case Study Part 2
- Management of Spinal Cord Injuries - Case Study Part 3
- Manual Therapy and Exercise Intervention in the Treatment of Shoulder and Neck Pain in a Patient with Mental Health Comorbidities: A Case Report
- Merging stratification approaches in physical therapy management of a case of subacute low back pain
- Mr Jones Persistent Pain Case Study
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Case Study
- Multiple Sclerosis: A Case Study
- Parkinson's Case Study - John (Initial Assessment)
- Parkinson's Case Study - John (Treatment)
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Clinical Reasoning
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Post-Treatment Assessment
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Pre-Treatment Assessment
- Parsonage-Turner Syndrome: Case Study
- Post Concussion Syndrome - Case Study
- Post Polio Syndrome - Case Study
- Post-Concussion Syndrome: A Case Study
- PP06-Diabetic Case Presentation
- TBI and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
- The Effect of Rhythmic Auditory Stimulation on a 75 year old male with Parkinson's- A Case Study
- The effectiveness of thoracic manipulations on shoulder pain: A Case Report
- The Management of Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms with Tai Chi Exercise Program: A Case Study
- The outpatient physical therapy experience of a 63 year old male with right cerebellar ischemic stroke: a case study
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Appropriate Wheelchairs
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Assessment
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Follow Up
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Prescription
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Transfers
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Studies - Wheelchair Skills
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Study - Meeting the Wheelchair Users Environments
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Study - Meeting the Wheelchair Users Needs
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Study - Select Cushion Size
- Wheelchair Service Provision Case Study - Selecting Wheelchair Size