Physiopedia Awards Programme
Physiopedia is the result of voluntary contributions from the global physiotherapy profession. The Physiopedia Awards Programme recognises and features the diligence and efforts of people who have made significant and impactful contributions to the global physiotherapy profession as a whole. These awards also serve to showcase the impact these contributions are having on the global physiotherapy profession.
Anyone positively contributing to Physiotherapy and/or Physiopedia can nominate a candidate, and in turn, be nominated. Awards are decided by the awards committee and are given each month (Top Candidates) as well as annually (Annual Awards Programme) in June.
The following criteria will be considered to determine award recipients:
- Quality, quantity and impact to the physiotherapy / physical therapy profession;
- Quantity, quality and impact of the Physiopedia content contributions;
- Engagement with sharing Physiopedia activity including Physiospot and social media;
- Activity, creativity, leadership, and innovation;
- Engagement with Physiopedia Team;
- Demonstrated leadership and leading by example;
- Overall enthusiasm for the forward movement of the global physiotherapy profession.
Every month one award is given to the top Physiopedia contributor, the “Top Contributor” Award. This award will take into account not just content contributions, but also any of the above-mentioned criteria including engagement, enthusiasm, creativity, leadership, and innovation.
The awards, given annually, include:
- Top Contributor - The individual who has contributed the most.
- Physiopedia Superstar - Outstanding contributions by an individual.
- Best Project - Most impactful project.
- Social Media Impact Award - Includes contributions to Physiopsot and impact via social media.
- Physioplus Superstar - Individual who collects the most Physioplus points.
- Physiospot Superstar - Individual with the most posts and contributions on Physiospot.
- Outstanding Leadership - Individual that demonstrates great leadership as any part of the Physiopedia project.
- Physiotherapy Impact Award - The contribution that has made the greatest impact on physiotherapy practice.
- Innovation Award - Most forward thinking and creative contributions.
- Global Impact Award - The contribution that has made the greatest impact on the global profession.
- Nominations are due by 15 June 2021 12:00 (noon) GMT in any given year.
- No self-nominations.
- Recipients of a specific award from the previous year are not eligible for that same award.
- Nominations are accepted for contributors who have served within the previous year.
- Once the nomination period has closed the selection committee will review the nominations and award recipients will be announced on 1 June annually.
Submit Your Nomination
Your nominations need to be returned by 15 June 2021 at 12:00 (noon) GMT.
Please feel free to send us a nomination for each category. If you have any questions, please reach out to Amanda.
2019 - 2020 Recipients
Monthly Award Winners
- September 2019: Wendy Walker
- October 2019: Uche Chukwuemeka
- November 2019: Lucy Aird
- December 2019: Kim Jackson
- January 2020: Lucinda Hampton
- February 2020: Mariam Hashem Mohana
- March 2020: Naomi O’Reilly
- April 2020: Selena Horner
- May 2020: Dr Jenny Setchell
- June 2020: Tarina van der Stockt
- July 2020: Wanda van Niekerk
- Aug 2020: Andrea Sturm
- Sept 2020: Scott Buxton
- Oct 2020: Simisola (Simmy) Ajeyalemi
- Nov 2020: Unfortunately no award was given for November.
- Dec 2020: Vidya Acharya
Annual Award Winners (2019-20)
|Lucinda Hampton||Top Contributor -made the most contributions to Physiopedia content|
|Kim Jackson||Physiopedia Superstar – outstanding contributions by an individual|
|Vince dePaul||Best Project – most impactful content development project.|
|Selena Horner||Social Media Impact Award – most impact made through social media|
|Tri Yuwono||Physioplus Superstar – individual has who collected the most Physioplus points.|
|Kim Jackson||Physiospot Superstar – individual with the most posts and contributions on Physiospot.|
|Tarina Van Der Stockt||Outstanding Leadership – the individual that demonstrates great leadership as any part of the Physiopedia project.|
|Tony Lowe||Physiotherapy Impact Award – the contribution that has made the greatest impact on physiotherapy practice.|
|Dr. Jenny Setchell||Innovation Award – most forward thinking and creative contributions.|
|Naomi O’Reilly||Global Impact Award – the contribution that has made the greatest impact on the global profession.|
Thank you to all who have submitted nominations for the 2019-2020 year.
Annual Award Winners (2020-21)
To be announced July 2021. Make sure to send in your nominations!