Create a New Page In Physiopedia
Before you Create Your Page
Important! - Before you create a new page on Physiopedia, please make sure that you search the site for existing pages relating to your new topic. This is vital to ensure that a similar page does not already exist and that you are not duplicating existing site content. If there is no page already on the site covering your chosen topic, you can easily create a new page by following the steps below.
Think about what makes a good Physiopedia page. It should have clearly written evidence-based (i.e. referenced) content that is relevant to our clinical practice. Links, images, videos (where relevant) all add to the page. One thing that makes our Physiopedia pages stand out from other websites (like Wikipedia) is that they are clinically relevant. Be sure to highlight the importance of physiotherapy techniques and methods, with videos where possible.
- Choose a topic - first, you must choose a page to create. Choose a topic that interests you and/or is relevant to your current practice. If you are struggling to come up with a topic choose a page from the wanted pages category or an anatomy page to add to the anatomy category.
- Search - now you should check that this page doesn’t already exist within Physiopedia. Use the ‘search’ box to check what is already available. Make sure that you search using all the terms that might refer to the topic that you have chosen, for example for tendinopathy you should search for: tendinopathy, tendinosis, tendinitis, etc. If the topic that you have chosen already exists, please choose another topic!
Create Your Page
You are now ready to create your page. Check out this quick video before reading the detailed instructions below:
- Create Page - go to this page - Creating New Page - to create a new page.
- Add a Template - once you have created your new page you should add a Template to your page. You can see a list of Templates here, at least, you should add the New Page template. When you have chosen the template you wish to use follow these Adding Templates instructions.
- Edit the Page - once your template has been added you can make edits to the page to add content. You are welcome to change any sub-headings or create new ones as you feel is appropriate. Your page doesn't have to be long, as long as the content on the page gives enough appropriate information on the topic it'll be good!
- References - the content that you add to the page should be supported by evidence where appropriate. Please make sure that you use the referencing functionality correctly. See the Adding References tutorial for help. You don't need to add lots of references, just a few to demonstrate that you know how to do it!
- Add Media - all pages are enhanced by the addition of images and/or video. You should add a video and an image to your page. See the Adding Images Tutorial and the Adding Videos Tutorial.
- Add Categories - make sure that you categorise the page. See the Adding Categories tutorial. You can see a list of categories here.
- Finally, add your name as the original editor - it is important to credit the people that contributed to the Physiopedia content. See Adding Editors tutorial.