Parkinson's - Key Evidence and Resources
Some of the best information pertaining to living with and treating those with Parkinson's can be found through national organisations of the country you live in.
In addition, we recommend the following resources for professionals working with patients with this condition:
- European Parkinson’s Disease Association website.
- The European Physiotherapy Guideline provides an extensive reference list of evidence that has informed the document. This can be found from pages 160 – 187 of the main Guideline.
- Resources in the form of learning materials and useful technology e.g. Apps, books and DVDs are described on the APPDE Resources website.
There are educational associations to join including:
- The Movement Disorder Society which has a dedicated Allied Health Professionals section
- The Association of Physiotherapists in Parkinson's of Europe website
- A special interest group or division within your country’s national physiotherapy body or association.
- Parkinson's - Clinical Presentation
- Parkinson's - Anatomy, Pathology, Prognosis and Diagnosis
- Parkinson's - Physiotherapy Referral and Assessment
- Parkinson's - Physiotherapy Management and Interventions
- TheMovementDisorders. Movement Disorder Society Health Professionals Special Interest Group. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUXARgTzE0 [last accessed 29/09/16]
- Parkinson Canada. Parkinson's Advocacy Is Important. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJwOoa1mvI [last accessed 29/09/16]
- Parkinson's UK. Find your place | Parkinson's UK. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTFU1LniZc [last accessed 29/09/16]
- shakeitupaust. Shake It Up Australia Foundation - Finding the cure for Parkinson's. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJgkZJAbifE [last accessed 29/09/16]
- fckLRThe Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. Welcome to Partners in Parkinson's. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O241-tjFBI [last accessed 29/09/16]