Extensor Retinaculum (Wrist)
Original Editor - Sameera Withanage
Top Contributors -
Description[edit | edit source]
Attachments[edit | edit source]
Function[edit | edit source]
Clinical relevance[edit | edit source]
By extending fascial attachments to the underlying bones and periosteum, the retinaculum forms six osseofascial compartments over the dorsal wrist. There are several structures passing through each compartment from lateral to the medial side and each compartment is lined by a synovial sheath.
References[edit | edit source]
- Robertson BL, Jamadar DA, Jacobson JA, Kalume-Brigido M, Caoili EM, Margaliot Z, De Maeseneer MO. Extensor retinaculum of the wrist: sonographic characterization and pseudotenosynovitis appearance. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2007 Jan;188(1):198-202.
- Chaurasia BD. BD Chaurasia's Human Anatomy. CBS Publishers & Distributors PVt Ltd.; 2010.
- Taleisnik J, Gelberman RH, Miller BW, Szabo RM. The extensor retinaculum of the wrist. Journal of Hand Surgery. 1984 Jul 1;9(4):495-501.
- Extensor retinaculum of wrist. Available from:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM6rmLBhrwc&ab_channel=AW2N
- Standring S, editor. Gray's anatomy e-book: the anatomical basis of clinical practice. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2015 Aug 7.