Several dysfunctions can produce a Duchenne gait
- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease: 
The Duchenne gait in LCP is characterized by:
- A trunk lean toward the affected stance limb.
- The pelvis is either level or elevated on the swinging limb side, during the single stance phace.
- A reduced hip abductor moment, producing a hip-unloading effect.
- Ambroise Holland. Duchenne looppatroon. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKcjeqdNvk[last accessed 25/05/13]
- Bettina Westhoff, Andrea Petermann, Mark A. Hirsch, Reinhart Willers, Rudiger Krauspe. Computerized gait analysis in Legg Calve Perthes disease - Analysis of the frontal plane. Gait & Posture October 2006; 24 (2):196-202