Experts Step by Step Guide
An Expert Defined
Becoming an 'Expert' in Physiopedia is by the contribution of previously peer-reviewed and published material from other sources or by invitation following a proven track record of publishing quality evidence-based pages/articles in Physiopedia. Once you have decided to contribute to Physiopedia as an Expert you should follow this step by step guide to get you started.
Providing Copyright Free Information for Publication
If you are providing copyright free information for us to publish on Physiopedia please contact us directly via email. You should attach the work that you are contributing to Physiopeida (or link to it) in this email. You should also provide information for us to add to your profile page and any links to your work that you would like us to make. No further steps required.
Publishing Original Content to Physiopedia
If you intend to write pages yourself in Physiopedia with a view to becoming an Expert in that area you should contact us to inform us which pages you would like to contribute to and whether you will continue to monitor and edit them once they are written. If you wish we will then create those pages for you. Following this, you should register for your own Physiopedia account.
Get Your Own Physiopedia Account
- Sign up for a Physiopedia account for yourself by pressing the request account tab in the left sidebar. We suggest that your username is your full name.
- When you request your account inform us that you would like to contribute to Physiopedia as an Expert.
- Wait for email confirmation that your account has been activated.
- Once your account has been activated have a go at editing a page. It is best to start by editing your profile page to give yourself a presence in Physiopedia. See our user tutorials on editing pages and editing your profile.
Write Your Pages
You are now ready to go ahead and write your pages. Be sure to look at the user tutorials and help pages should you need assistance. You may find that your pages have been pre-populated with templates, these are there for guidance but you are welcome to edit them should you wish to do so.
Monitor Your Pages
Once you have completed your pages you can monitor your pages for changes in a number of ways:
- Each Physiopedia page has a History tab where you can view how contributions have been made to a specific page.
- You can flag your pages by using the Watch tab at the top of each page. The pages that you are 'watching' can be followed by going to My watchlist under the personal tools tab in the left sidebar.
Edit Your Pages
You can edit your pages at any time. You may want to update your pages with up to date evidence or correct additions that other users have made.
Advertising for Experts
Provide feedback to us
We would be grateful if you would provide us with feedback on your experience of using Physiopedia as an Expert. We will use this feedback to improve the Physiopedia service for Experts. You can provide us with feedback by email or by using the contact page.