User:Tarina van der Stockt
I studied at the University of Pretoria in South Africa. I worked in private practice in South Africa for 9 years and had a special interest in manual therapy, sport and amputee rehabilitation. My teaching interests for under- and post-graduates are amputee rehabilitation, manual therapy, disability sport and classification. Currently, I am living and working as a Physical Therapist in Austin, Texas USA. As the Physiopedia Accreditation Officer, I assist Physiopedia Plus in accrediting the courses in the required countries and states in the USA. I also create short courses for Physiopedia Plus.
Since 2007 I have been involved with general disability sport classification. I am a FISA International Para-Rowing Classifier and also on the FISA Para-Rowing Commission since 2017. As one of the physiotherapists for Team South Africa I worked at the following events: Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, London 2012 Paralympic Games, Para-rowing World Cup in Belgrade 2012 and the IPC Athletics Championships in Christchurch 2011.
BPhysT (Physiotherapy), University of Pretoria, South Africa
Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy Certificate
Sport Physiotherapy Certificate
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the state of Texas
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Registered Physiotherapist at the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- South African Society of Physiotherapy(SASP)
- A Practical Guide to Fascial Manipulation: An Evidence- and Clinical-Based Approach
- Explain Pain Supercharged
I am a member of the Musculoskeletal / Orthopaedic, Sports Medicine and Amputee groups