Name[edit | edit source]
About Me[edit | edit source]
I'm an academician, budding researcher and clinician specializing in cardiorespiratory based in India. My entry-level physiotherapy graduation was completed in 2011 and Post-Graduation in Cardiovascular & Respiratory Physiotherapy in 2015. I worked as a clinical therapist and later headed the PT department in a corporate setting, for 5 years. My experience and special interests are in intensive care and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Since 2020 I have transitioned to academics as an assistant professor/ lecturer in Maharashtra, India. Area of research which interests me includes normative pulmonary values in children, pulmonary function testing & training. Academic experience has given me a newfound inclination to learn more on digital education and rehabilitation in long COVID.
I recently had the amazing opportunity of presenting my scientific paper titled, ‘Regression Equations for Peak Expiratory Flow Rate in children aged 5-10 years of Pune, India – A Cross Sectional Study’ at the World Physiotherapy Congress 2021. It was exciting to get selected as a bursary for the congress & being featured in their Opening Session video among other videos. It has motivated me to participate, learn & try to contribute to the International Physiotherapy community.
Physiopedia Badges[edit | edit source]
Education[edit | edit source]
- Masters in Physiotherapy(M.P.Th : Cardiovascular & Respiratory) in 2015 from Sancheti College of Physiotherapy, Pune.
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy(B.P.Th) in 2011 from Govt. Medical College, Nagpur.
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- 2015 -2018 : Junior Consultant Physiotherapist at Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
- 2018-2020: Head of Department & Senior Consultant Physiotherapist at Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
- 2020-2021: Assistant Professor, Motiwala College of Physiotherapy( Affiliated with MUHS ), Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
Publications[edit | edit source]
My research, ‘Regression Equations for Peak Expiratory Flow Rate in children aged 5-10 years of Pune, India – A Cross Sectional Study’ which I presented at World Physiotherapy Congress 2021 is in process of publication.