Name[edit | edit source]
Physiopedia Badges[edit | edit source]
About Me[edit | edit source]
I am a Physiotherapy Lecturer with 10 years of teaching experience in the top universities of United Arab Emirates. My Under graduation (UG) and post-graduation (PG) were at PSG College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to The TN DR MGR Medical University, Chennai, India. I have had the experience of being a Clinical Tutor (2009-2010) before pursuing my PG in Women's Health (Obstetrics and Gynecology), thereafter I worked as a consultant women's health physical therapist in my hometown. In 2012 I moved to United Arab Emirates as a Lecturer teaching undergraduate physiotherapy students at Gulf Medical University, UAE (2012-2022) and currently I am working as a Lecturer at the University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates since June 2022.
My interest in teaching led me to pursue Graduate Diploma in Medical Education (PGDHPE) from Gulf Medical University, UAE and completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) from University of Liverpool and had obtained Fellowship of Higher Education Academy (FHEA). I love teaching students with passion and instill the value of university learning to practice.
I am interested in working with multidisciplinary team members of the healthcare profession to provide patient centered care and improve patient safety and I believe technology is a great helper for academicians in creating quality content for the physiotherapy community.
Education[edit | edit source]
- Master of Physiotherapy (Obstetrics and Gynecology) 2012- The TN MGR Medical University, India
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy- 2009- The TN DR MGR Medical University, India.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Professions Education- 2015- Gulf Medical University, UAE.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice -2022- University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- Lecturer- Department of Physiotherapy, College of Health Sciences, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Professional Appointments[edit | edit source]
- Executive Active Committee Member- Centre for Academic Integrity in the UAE.
- Member- International Center for Academic Integrity.
- Life Member-Indian Association of Physiotherapy
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Conference Paper: Muthukrishnan, Ramprasad & Ramakrishnan, Sivapriya & Kumar, Praveen. (2018). Dynamic classrooms: Transformative learning strategies for conventional curriculum. Conference: OTTAWA-ICME 2018.
- Rashij M, Rai HR, Ramakrishnan S, Minu R, Nahal R. Resisted Backward walking to improve gait synergism in children with Hemiparetic cerebral palsy. Ind J Phy and Occ therapy. 2017; 11(2): 74-78.