About Me[edit | edit source]
I came to physiotherapy a little later in life. After school I completed a degree in African Studies and Anthropology at the University of Birmingham. This taught me alot about the development of societies, including healthcare systems and access to healthcare. After graduating, I moved to Bristol and worked at the Bristol City Museum and Art Galleries. My time here was fantastic and the ever changing travelling exhibitions and galleries were fascinating.
During this time, I also worked as a medical receptionist and reseacher at a medical centre in Bristol. In this time I became more and more interested in the importance of preventative care and the impact this has on the healthcare system. I met a number of healthcare professionals, including physiotherapists.
I completed an internship at Motivation. Here, I had even more opportunity to interact with physiotherapists on an international level, and see the fantastic and varied work being done around the world to facilitate people to gain better access to healthcare and equipment and improve independence.
I also decided to begin volunteering at the Bristol Royal Infirmary as a befriender for people with dementia, which gave me another perspective and an introduction to acute care.
This experience lead me to a change in career and I completed a BSc in Physiotherapy at King's College London.
I am currently a rotational physiotherapist and have worked within a number of disciplines. I have been lucky to work within some fantastic teams so far and am loving the variety of a physiotherapy career! I am looking forward to sharing with and learning from everyone here on physiopedia.
Experience[edit | edit source]
I graduated in 2017 with a BSc in Physiotherapy. Since then, I have completed a number of physiotherapy rotations, including acute and outpatient settings, within both Band 5 and 6 roles.
- Orthopaedic and Rheumatology Outpatients: The Royal London Hospital
- A&E and Elderly Care: Whipps Cross Hosptial
- Orthopaedic and Rheumatology Outpatients: University College London Hospital
- Upper and Lower Abdominal Surgery with Head and Neck: University College London Hospital
- Multi-pathology Rehabilitation: St Pancras Hospital
- Hyper-acute and Acute Brain Injury: The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
- Respiratory Medicine with ICU: West Middlesex Hospital
- Trauma and Orthopaedics: West Middlesex Hospital
I have also extended my practice and knowledge by attending courses such as:
- Advanced Sport and Exercise Nutrition Advisor
- Carers Awareness
- Dementia befriending
- Disability awareness
- Bobath (BBTA) Introductory course
- Physiotherapy in Neurology
- Taping and Strapping
- Sports Massage
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Alongside frequent in-service training as part of varied rotations.
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
I am a member of the CSP and registered under the HCPC.
Physiopedia Badges[edit | edit source]
Where you can find me[edit | edit source]
If you would like to discuss my work on physiopedia or anything on my profile, feel free to contact me here: Linkedin