Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Course Pre-Course Activities
Introduction[edit | edit source]
These pre-course activities will help to prepare you for taking part in the course. By completing them you will know that you are ready to participate in the course and have had access to all the pre-course information.
All the activities below must be completed before the course starts.
Make sure that you have registered for the course[edit | edit source]
It's important that we know how many people will be taking part in this course so please make sure that you have registered to participate (no need to do this again if you have already registered).
Make sure that you are receiving emails from us[edit | edit source]
We will be sending you emails before the course and each week to guide you through the course so please make sure that our emails are not going into your spam folder or any other folder that it might be filtered into. Make sure that you have white listed @physio-pedia.com emails.
You can view the sent emails below:
- 25 July 2023: Register now for the 2023 FREE Physiopedia MOOC
- 21 August 2023: Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Course starts in 2 weeks
- 28 August 2023: Time to complete the pre-course activities for the Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques course
- 5 September 2023: Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Course has launched!
- 11 September 2023: Register now for 2 live MOOC webinars
- 25 September 2023: Final Physiopedia MOOC reminders
Read the course information[edit | edit source]
Please make sure that you have thoroughly read through the course information page as this will give you an understanding of the context of this course and what is expected of you during your participation in this course:
We would also like you to be aware of the FAQs for this course, this is a very busy course and we get too many emails to answer them all. Your question is usually answered on this page so we won't be responding to any emails that ask questions that are answered here:
Pre-course Competency Checklist[edit | edit source]
Please complete this self-rating form to help guide your learning process during this course. It will be a useful tool for your own reflection and to guide you when setting learning objectives. The attributes listed here are not exhaustive but provide a basis from which to plan your learning and have been identified in relation to learning opportunities relevant to this area of specialty and in relation to published practice guidelines.
How to get the most out of the MOOC[edit | edit source]
The following video provides a great description of the five steps that will help you to have success in a MOOC. It considers a number of things you can do to make your experience of this MOOC more beneficial and interactive, and get more out of your participation.
Sign up for a Plus Account[edit | edit source]
The course will be available on our online learning platform Plus. The course can be accessed with either a FREE Trial Account or a full member account. If you already have a Full Member Account you do not need to do anything, if you do not already have an account you can sign up for the FREE Trial Account here.
You can also use the Plus app on phones and tablets - it is available through Google Play and the Apple App Store. Anyone can download the app. You need to have Full or Pro Plus membership to access the courses.
Sign up for a Rehabilitation Community Account[edit | edit source]
Case studies and course discussions will take place on our Rehabilitation Community platform, which is only accessible to registered members and is free to join. The following page provides a step by step guide for registering and joining our Rehabilitation Community. If you are already a member of the Rehabilitation Community you do not need to do anything, if you do not already have an account you can sign up for your account here and complete your profile. It takes only a few minutes and you can explore the groups and join the discussion straight away!
Once registered you can join the group 2023 Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Programme (MOOC) to join the conversation and share your insights and thoughts about the course. Read the following guide on how to join a group.
Read the Plus Community Culture[edit | edit source]
This community culture has been developed to foster a professional community of learning among course participants. It is our shared set of beliefs, expectations and values that influence our individual learning and the ways in which the individuals in our community interact with one another and collaborate to achieve common objectives. As a participant of this course you should agree to our community culture which you can read here:
Introduce yourself in the discussion forum[edit | edit source]
The Rehabilitation Community - 2023 Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Programme (MOOC) is where discussions will take place each week in relation to the topics of that week. Participating in the discussion forum is highly recommended for completing the course as this is where a lot of learning takes place. Please contribute responsibly and professionally and adhere to our discussion forum rules:
- Remember patient confidentiality! Do not disclose any information that enables us to identify your patients.
- Be respectful and empathetic to those where English is not their first language.
- Remain professional at all times.
The discussion forum is going to get very busy! Please do not try to read ALL the comments that are posted because if you do you will become completely overloaded. Here are our discussion forum tips:
- What is most important is to make sure that you contribute to the forum with your thoughts, knowledge and questions so that others can also learn from you.
- There are two areas where discussions can be viewed on the Rehabilitation Community: Group Feed and Group Discussions. By default, all posts and discussions are displayed in the group feed, with most recent activity at the top. Read our support guide on how to post in the group feed and discussion forums here.
- Spend the time that you have available reading some of the conversations that you find interesting and new.
- Feel free to form small groups in which to have discussions.
Everyone participating in this course will have different levels of experience in rehabilitation, and each and every experience is a learning opportunity. Whether it is something you have learnt in your clinical practice or something you have experienced, we can all learn from each other. With that in mind please introduce yourself in the forum, including the following information about you:
- where you are from
- the context that you work in
- one significant experience you have had working within the rehabilitation sector
- why you have decided to take this course
- one thing you are hoping to gain from this course
If you are working in a Group[edit | edit source]
Some people find it useful to work through the course as a group. This is particularly useful where:
- you wish to discuss the course content with colleagues in relation to your specific work context
- you wish to supplement the course content with additional activities
- your first language is not English
- you have poor internet and someone else has downloaded the course content for you to work through together
Go to the Course[edit | edit source]
Sign up for the FREE MOOC Webinars[edit | edit source]
This MOOC Webinar is FREE for all Physiopedia Plus members, attendance is optional.
- MOOC Webinar #1 - Lower Limb - September 14, 2023 • 12-1 PM (GMT-5)
- Clinical Case Studies of the Lower Limbs - Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Webinar
- MOOC Webinar #2 - Upper Limb - September 28 2023 • 12-1 PM (GMT-5)
- Clinical Case Studies of the Upper Limbs - Understanding Basic Rehabilitation Techniques Webinar
Please note that due to a limit on the Zoom attendance capacity, the live webinar will permit attendees to join on a first-come and first-served basis.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dave Cormier. Success in a MOOC. Available from: https://youtu.be/r8avYQ5ZqM0[last accessed 30/06/21]