Original Editor - Ahmed Samir
Top Contributors -
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Stapes bone is the smallest bone in our body. It is the innermost bone of our auditory ossicles in the middle ear, which are responsible for transmitting sound waves from the air outside to the fluid-filled labyrinth (cochlea). Auditory ossicles are a group of three small bones that work together forming a vibrating chain. These three bones are as
Related Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Otosclerosis- A disorder in which the footplate of the stapes is invaded and replaced by an abnormal bone,affecting sound transmission to the inner ear at the level of the oval window.
Pathalogical Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Stapes fractures- Transverse fracture of stapes Anterior Crus, a rare fracture
Related Articles[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- BBC - The smallest Bones in your body:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPtiV8NkaU&t=1s
- Ear Ossicles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMNpEO2D4gk&t=8s
- Otosclerosis: Experience With Stapes Surgery. Muhammad Shaheryar Ahmed Rajput, Asif Ali Arain, Arsalan A Rajput,Mohammad Adeel, Anwar Suahil,and Muhammad Sohail Awan.Published online 2020 May 2.NCBI.
- Stapedectomy article on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapedectomy
- Transverse Fracture of the Stapes Anterior Crus Caused by the Blast Pressure from a Land Mine Explosion. Seok Min Hong, Jun Ho Lee, Chan Hum Park, and Hyung-Jong Kim. Korean Journal of Audiology. Published online 2014 Dec 22. PMC.NCBI