Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Content Development Project
Description[edit | edit source]
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
This project aims to develop content related to improving health and wellbeing through lifestyle changes and medicine to promote healthier living.
The project is open to anyone around the world interested in Integrative Lifestyle Medicine. Although not a strict requirement, it is recommended that those wishing to contribute to the project take the Physioplus course: [LINK TO FOLLOW]
Project Dates[edit | edit source]
1 September (ongoing)
Project Coordinator[edit | edit source]
Ziya Altug - Email: [email protected]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Lifestyle Medicine is focused on evidence based solutions to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and societies. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) over 71% of all deaths globally are related to non-communicable diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, respiratory and musculoskeletal conditions and mental health issues. Many of these non-communicable diseases are influenced by high risk behaviours that can be modified by a change in lifestyle choices.
This project looks at how lifestyle factors can influence health and wellbeing. By promoting lifestyle changes and healthier living through nutrition, physical activity, disease management many lifestyle related diseases can be prevented.
Project Objectives[edit | edit source]
Each topic covered has a unique set of objectives and these are listed below:
Lifestyle Medicine for Health and Disease Management[edit | edit source]
- Define lifestyle medicine
- Review the components of lifestyle medicine
- Outline assessment tools for lifestyle medicine
Culinary Medicine for Health and Disease Management[edit | edit source]
- Define culinary medicine
- Identify uses of culinary medicine in disease management
- Outline screening tools for culinary medicine
Integrative Medicine for Health and Pain Management[edit | edit source]
- Define integrative medicine
- Identify uses of integrative medicine in disease management
Qigong for Health and Disease Management[edit | edit source]
- Define qigong
- Identify uses of qigong in disease management
- Outline a practical qigong routine
Social Connectedness for Health and Disease Management[edit | edit source]
- Define social connectedness
- Identify uses of social connectedness in disease management
- Outline practical guidelines for social connectedness
Sunlight, Outdoor Light, And Light Therapy in Disease Management[edit | edit source]
- Outline the benefits of sunshine and light therapy
- Identify uses of sunshine and light therapy in disease management
- Outline practical guidelines for including sunshine and light as a part of lifestyle medicine program
Managing Low Back Pain with Integrative Lifestyle Medicine[edit | edit source]
- Identify integrative lifestyle medicine components that may be used in disease management
- Outline integrative options for managing back pain
Instruction to Contributors[edit | edit source]
It is recommended that those wishing to contribute to the project take the Introduction to Environmental Physiotherapy course on Physioplus prior to developing their contributions.
- Choose an article from the list below that you would like to develop. Be sure that the article doesn't already have a name next to it.
- At this point, you should email us to let us know that you would like to join the project and which page you would like to work on. Please feel free to ask any questions that you have in relation to this project e.g. if you feel a new page needs adding to the list.
- You will receive an email from the project coordinator to confirm your participation in the project and also to confirm the page that you will develop.
- Once you have received this confirmation you are free to get on with working on your page (See content criteria below). You should be complete your work in a word (or similar) document. If you are comfortable working in Physiopedia we are very happy for you to work directly in Physiopedia instead of producing a word document.
- Once you have completed your article, please email the project coordinator.
- Your article will be reviewed by the project coordinator and you will be emailed a response of approval or of amendments to be made.
- Once the article has been finally approved, it will be published and you will receive your certificate of completion.
If you have any questions please do email us at [email protected]
Content Criteria[edit | edit source]
- Word Count - there is no specific word count for pages, some pages can be short (as in this example) and some will need to be longer (as in this example).
- Formatting - please have a browse of the site and previous content development projects to get an idea of how we present the content.
- Required Content - the content of your article must include:
- a. Evidence (where appropriate and possible)
- b. References (see referencing guide)
- c. Images and videos (where appropriate and possible)
- d. A list of open online resources, such as guidelines and protocols, that we can link to (where appropriate and possible)
If you have any questions please do email us.
CPD/CE Certification[edit | edit source]
The authors of all articles that are published will be offered a completion certificate to evidence their contribution for their learning and professional development portfolio.
List of Articles[edit | edit source]
The list of articles here is predominantly meant to be indicative, suggesting possible themes, topics and subtopics that could be explored. The pages below have already been developed and should help to guide future pages. Please contact the project coordinator to confirm the exact topic and title of the article you intend to write.
- Culinary Medicine for Health and Disease Management
- Integrative Medicine for Health and Pain Management
- Lifestyle Medicine for Health and Disease Management
- Managing Low Back Pain with Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
- Qigong for Health and Disease Management
- Social Connectedness for Health and Disease Management
- Sunlight, Outdoor Light, and Light Therapy in Disease Management
We look forward to exploring this exciting topic with you!