- 1 Name
- 2 Physiopedia Awards
- 3 About Me
- 4 Education
- 5 Professional Affiliations
- 6 Professional Appointments
- 7 Publications
- 8 Websites
- 9 Contact Details
- June 2012–present: Susan Pattison Neurological Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Chartered Physiotherapist specialising in the treatment of adults & children living with neurological conditions
- Jan 2012–present: Bollington Stroke Survivors Club
- March 2012–present Athlete’s Angels
Experienced Healthcare Communications Freelancer taking on writing and editorial projects.
- Jan 2010–present: Editorial Freelance Work
- Account management and editorial and writing projects for medical communications agencies; recent projects in osteoporosis, orthopaedics, hip and knee replacements, diabetes and mental health
- May 2004–Dec 2009: AS&K Mercury Healthcare Communications – Deputy Editorial Director
- Responsibility for, and line management of, two editorial teams in a well established medical communications agency; providing account direction and quality assurance; maintaining client, company and departmental policy and best practice
- July 2002–April 2004: Ashley Publications Ltd – Production/Commissioning Editor
- Managing the peer-reviewed journal Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents
2010–2012 – University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) – Distinction
Clinical Placements completed:
- June 2010 Orthopaedics: Elderly Trauma, Elective surgery 6 weeks at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- August 2010 Neurology: Acute Stroke 6 weeks at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- November 2010 Paediatrics: Community and Inpatient 6 weeks at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
- April 2011 Respiratory: Surgical High Care Unit 6 weeks at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- August 2011 Musculoskeletal: Outpatients Department 6 weeks at Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester
1998–2002 – University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
BSc (Hons) Pharmacology 2(i)
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy; membership number: 090358
- Health Professions Council; registration number: PH 98511
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists Interested in Neurology (ACPIN); membership number: 9733
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports and Exercise Medicine (ACPSM); membership number: 13440
Add any professional appointments here, for example if you sit on the board of any professional bodies or clinical interest groups.
- Aird L, et al. Quadriceps muscle elasticity, tone and stiffness in older males: Reliability and symmetry using the MyotonPRO. Arch Gerontol Geriatr (In Press) 2012.
- Aird L, et al. Quadriceps muscle elasticity, tone and stiffness in older males: Reliability and symmetry using the MyotonPRO. Abstract accepted for poster presentation at Physiotherapy 2012; Liverpool, October 2012.
- Agyapong-Badu, S., Aird, L., Bailey, L., Mooney, K., Mullix, J., Warner, M., Samuel, D. and Stokes, M., 2011. Inter-rater reliability of measuring skeletal muscle viscoelastic properties using the MyotonPRO device. Clin. Biomechan. (article in preparation).
- Hammond LC, et al. Chronic hypoxia up-regulates expression of adenosine A1 receptors in DDT1-MF2 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:421–6.
Jan 2011–present: www.physio-pedia.com
- Publications Manager
If you wish you can add your contact details here. Please be aware that any details you publish here will be made public so make careful consideration of the details that you are making available.