I'm a Registered Physiotherapist working at Olympic Physiotherapy in Victoria, Canada. I work primarily with an orthopaedic population, but like most manual therapists, I often find myself dabbling in the areas of chronic pain management and neuro rehab.
I'm currently developing my manual therapy skills through the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA in order to obtain my Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy and receive my FCAMT. I'm also interested in the areas of pain science, as well as vestibular and post-concussion rehabilitation.
|BikeFit (Green Level)||Vancouver, Canada||2017|
|Functional Dry Needling Level 2 (FDN2)||Kinetacore, USA||2016|
|Intermediate Level Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Physical Therapy||CPA Orthopaedic Division, Canada||2016|
|Functional Dry Needling Level 1 (FDN1)||Kinetacore, USA||2015|
|Level 3 Lower Advanced Manual Therapy||CPA Orthopaedic Division, Canada||2015|
|Level 3 Upper Advanced Manual Therapy||CPA Orthopaedic Division, Canada||2014|
|Level 2 Lower Advanced Manual Therapy||CPA Orthopaedic Division, Canada||2013|
|Level 2 Upper Advanced Manual Therapy||CPA Orthopaedic Division, Canada||2013|
|Medical Acupuncture for Sports Medicine||McMaster University, Canada||2013|
|MSc PT||Western University, Canada||2012|
|BSc Kinesiology (Honours)||University of Victoria, Canada||2008|
|Concussion Management Program||Shift Concussion||2014|
|Classification Based Cognitive Functional Therapy for Chronic Low Back Pain||MSK+||2014|
|Soft Tissue Release||Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy||2011|
|Introduction to Mulligan||Mulligan Concept Teachers Association||2011|
- Valedictorian - Class of 2012
- London District CPA-OPA Book Prize - Top Research Paper 2012
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship - 2011-2012
- National Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Award - 2008
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (Orthopeadic and Pain Science Divisions)
- Member of the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia
- Member of the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
Publications & Presentations
- Biomechanical outcomes and neural correlates of cutaneous reflexes evoked during rhythmic arm cycling. Klimstra, MD, Thomas, E, & Zehr, EP (2011). Journal of Biomechanics, 44: 802-809.
- Neuromechanical considerations for incorporating rhythmic arm movement in the rehabilitation of walking. Klimstra, MD, Thomas, E, Stoloff, RH, Ferris, DP, & Zehr, EP (2009). Chaos, 19, Article No. 026102.
- The neuromechanical correlates of cutaneous reflexes during arm cycling. Conference poster presentation at Neuroscience 2008 (Washington, DC).
Activities & Interests
- OUTDOORS - snowboarding, wakeboarding, cycling, kayaking
- TRAVEL - North America, South America, Europe, New Zealand
- MUSIC - listening, collecting, attending concerts
If you would like to email me about my work on Physiopedia or would like to get involved, feel free to get in touch here or by sending me a message through LinkedIn.
I am a member of the Physiopedia Musculoskeletal/Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine groups.