Decision Making Aids
Translation of knowledge to practice in health care is a significant challenge. Clinicians want to provide evidence-informed management for their patients but many struggle with accessing, appraising and synthesising the vast array of literature available. Recent Knowledge Translation projects have lead to the development of decision aids synthesising the current evidence to guide clinical management of this patient population.
Some of these Clinical Decision Making Aids are now available in Physiopedia.
Clinical Decision Making Aids in Physiopedia
- Achilles Tendinopathy Toolkit
- Lateral Epicondyle Tendinopathy (Tennis Elbow) Toolkit
- International Framework for Examination of the Cervical Region
- Manual Therapy and Exercise for Neck Pain: Clinical Treatment Tool-kit
- Safe Prescription of Mobilizing Patients in Acute Care Settings
- Total Joint Arthroplasty and Outcome Measures (TJAOM) Toolkit
- Cryotherapy Guidelines
Other Clinical Decision Making Aids
- Electrophysical Agents - Contraindications and Precautions: An Evidence-Based Approach to Clinical Decision Making in Physical Therapy
- ↑ Groth G. Predicting intentions to use research evidence for carpal tunnel syndrome treatment decisions among certified hand therapists. J Occup Rehabil. 2011;21(4):559-72.
- ↑ Mitton C, Adair CE, McKenzie E, Patten SB, Waye Perry B. Knowledge transfer and exchange: Review and synthesis of the literature. The Milbank Quarterly.2007;85(4):729-768.
- ↑ Oborn E, et al: Knowledge translation in healthcare: A review of the literature. Cambridge Judge Business School. Cambridge. 2010.