Welcome to Physiopedia! My name is Stacy Schiurring and I am a physical therapist from Austin, Texas in the United States. I believe that knowledge is best when shared for the betterment of all, I am excited to learn along side you!
Name[edit | edit source]
About Me[edit | edit source]
I have been in clinical practice for 15 years and have been fortunate to practice in a wide variety of settings, this has given me insight into the journey our clients take through the rehabilitation process and system. I began my practice in a Level I Trauma Center acute care hospital working primarily in the ICU, Neuro step-down unit, emergency room, day surgery, and wound care departments. This setting started my passion for treating clients suffering neurological injuries. I spent the next five years working as a traveling contract physical therapist in multiple states, to include: Texas, Florida, Maine, New Mexico, Montana, and Washington, working in acute care, skilled nursing facilities, and outpatient clinics. This was an amazing opportunity to travel the country and experience how PT practice differs regionally in the United States. I eventually settled down in my hometown of Austin, Texas and began to focus on and specialize in the treatment of neurological disorders while practicing in Inpatient Rehabilitation and Outpatient settings.
I have special interest in the treatment of clients with acquired brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson's disease, and Multiple Sclerosis, as well as wound care, pain management, and wheelchair seating. I believe high quality and dignified healthcare should be accessible to all.
Joining the Physiopedia Team is my first time using my PT knowledge and training outside of clinical practice. I am beyond thrilled to learn from and share with this incredible community!
Education[edit | edit source]
- Transitional Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2013.
- Master of Physical Therapy from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2006.
- BS in Health Care Sciences from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2006.
- BS in Biology from Angelo State University, 2002.
Professional Affiliation[edit | edit source]
- American Physical Therapy Association, member of Neurology Section
- Texas Physical Therapy Association
- Brain Injury Association of America
- National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy
Advanced Clinical Training[edit | edit source]
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist
- Certified Clinical Vestibular Therapist
- Kinesiology Taping, full body trained
- LSVT BIG certified
- Myofascial Release, full body trained
- Neuro-IFRAH certified
- Wound Care Certified