Name[edit | edit source]
Shejza Mino, DC, BKin, C-PS
About[edit | edit source]
Shejza Mino is a chiropractor, neurofunctional acupuncture provider and a champion performance specialist. She obtained her Bachelors of Kinesiology degree from the University of Calgary prior to completing the Doctor of Chiropractic program at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in June of 2020. Her clinical practice focuses on acute and persistent musculoskeletal injury prevention, management, comprehensive rehabilitation and performance training.
Her personal philosophy as a health care provider is rooted in taking a global and evidence-based approach to helping her patients function optimally while empowering them to be active participants in achieving their health goals. She has a strong interest in sport injury management that stems from her high involvement in competitive soccer for 17-years, including two-years of women's varsity. Having the right manual therapists in her corner throughout her athletic career allowed her to do what she loved for many years, and inspired her to pursue a career where she could one day be the therapist in the corner, keeping athletes functioning optimally and on the right track.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Certified in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture - a global & comprehensive neurofunctional approach utilizing electroacupuncture to stimulate receptor sites locally, segmentally at the spinal cord and supraspinal segments.
- Competent and experienced with spinal and extremity manipulation/mobilization, myofascial release technique (MRT) instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM), Mulligan Concept, shockwave therapy, kinesiology & athletic taping, Laser, therapeutic ultrasound and electrical modalaties (TENS, IFC).
- Champion Performance Specialist – a systematic approach that includes the four basic concepts of movement, mobility, control and load. Specifically, assessing relevant movement patterns, restoring deficient mobility, optimizing control with strength & dynamic stability training and then loading exercises and movement patterns with the goal of enhancing functional strength to build capacity.
Education[edit | edit source]
- Medical Acupuncture, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada (Sept-Dec 2019)
- Champion Performance Specialist (C-PS), Champion Physical Therapy and Performance Inc (Mar - Jul 2020)
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Canada (2016-2020)
- Bachelors of Kinesiology (BKin), University of Calgary, Canada (2016)
- Physiotherapy Exercise and Physical Activity for Knee Osteoarthritis (PEAK), Center for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine, The University of Melbourne ( Jun 2020)
- Functional Biomechanical Assessment Seminar, Calgary, AB (Feb 2020)
- Concussion: Prevention, detection & management MOOC (Apr-Jun 2019)
- Activator Methods Fundamentals, Toronto, Canada (Nov 2018)
Physiopedia Contributions[edit | edit source]
- Iliopsoas Tendinopathy
- Posterior Femoral Cutaneous Nerve
- Valgus Stress Test
- Scarf Test
- Triceps Surae
- Anterior Interosseous Nerve
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- Member of the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO), Canada
- Member of the Canadian Chiropractor Association (CCA), Canada
- Member of the Ontario Chiropractic Association (OCA), Canada
Community Involvement & Extra-Curricular Activities[edit | edit source]
- The UG Games Treatment Outreach (Collingwood, ON, Canada), 2019
- Westhills United Soccer Club (Girls U14) Assistant Soccer Coach (Calgary, AB, Canada), 2018
- Rehabilitation & Fitness Program for Chronic Physical Disability Volunteer (University of Calgary, Canada), 2014-2016
- Thrive Centre Volunteer (Health & Wellness Lab at the University of Calgary, Canada), 2014-2015
Research[edit | edit source]
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (Sport & Injury Prevention Research Centre, Calgary, Canada), 2014-2016
Activities & Interests[edit | edit source]
- Varsity soccer (MRU, Calgary, Canada), 2013-2016
- Division 1 level soccer player (Rangers Soccer Club, Calgary, Canada), 2000-2015
- Represented Canada at the U18 World Youth Cup (Gothenburg, Sweden), 2011
- Personal hobbies include running, yoga, reading & photography