Name[edit | edit source]
A Bit About Me[edit | edit source]
I am based in Belfast and have been a physiotherapist for 13 years. Since 2011 I have worked as a Community Paediatric Physiotherapist and treat a mixed caseload of children with mainly neurological and musculoskeletal conditions from 0-19 years. The post involves one-to-one and group interventions and input into Child Development Clinics, special and mainstream schools and liason with specialist neurological and orthopaedic clinics.
I also enjoy all things creative and work part-time in graphic design. There is surprising potential for these two seemingly opposite ends of the spectrum to be complementary and I find having a creative outlet is a good antedote to some of the challenges of clinical work.
I have 3 young children so life is busy, but every day is a school day and I'm developing expert skills in multi-tasking, conflict resolution and event planning!
Clinical Interests[edit | edit source]
- Learning I love learning and facilitating learning (hence also my interest in Physiopedia!)
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Before paediatrics I worked as a musculoskeletal physio so a lot of my experience and professional development was along this trajectory.
- Global Physiotherapy I am fascinated by the variability in Physiotherapy across the globe, both in its professional scope and its resources. From my elective placement as a student in Cape Town to the experiences of colleagues who have worked abroad and topics raised in sites such as this one I think its important professionally and personally to keep an ear open to challenges and successes faced by the profession outside the National Health Service in the UK.
Education[edit | edit source]
BSc Hons (1st Class) Physiotherapy Glasgow Caledonian University 2004
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (UK)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (UK)
- Member of the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (APCP)
Professional Appointments[edit | edit source]
Committee member - APCP Northern Ireland region