Angeliki G. Chorti[edit | edit source]
About me[edit | edit source]
I am a Greek physiotherapist who qualified in 1999.
I completed an MSc in Physiotherapy in 2004 and a PhD in Primary Care Management in 2010.
I have worked in various clinical and research settings in Greece and in the UK. Currently, I am working at a general hospital in Athens.
Education[edit | edit source]
Degree in Physiotherapy, Technological Educational Institution of Thessaloniki, Greece
MSc in Physiotherapy, School of Health and Social Sciences, Coventry University, UK
PhD in Primary Health Care Management, Warwick Medical School, Warwick University, UK
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
Current Professional Appointments[edit | edit source]
Physiotherapist, General Hospital "Asklipieio Voulas", Attiki, Greece
Content team member, Physiopedia, UK
Honours and Awards[edit | edit source]
Undergraduate Scholarships Prize, Hellenic State Scholarships Foundation, Greece
Postgraduate Scholarship, Hellenic State Scholarships Foundation, Greece
Warwick Postgraduate Research Fellowship, University of Warwick, UK
Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Fund Award, American Study and Student Exchange Committee, UK
Volunteer Badges[edit | edit source]
Publications[edit | edit source]
1. Chorti, A. Chortis, A. Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation and pain: what is the efficacy in chronic low back pain? Physiotherapy Issues 2006, March; 4(1): 12-24. [in Greek]
2. Chortis, A. Chorti, A. Forrester G. Georgoudis, G. Therapeutic exercise in the management of anterior disc displacement of the temporomandibular joint. Physical Therapy Reviews 2006 June; 11(2): 117-123.
3. Chorti, A. Chortis A. Strimpakos, N. McCarthy, C. Lamb, S. The prognostic value of symptom response in the conservative management of spinal pain: a systematic review. Spine 2009;34(24):2686-2689.
4. Williams, M. McCarthy, C. Chorti, A Cooke, M. Gates, S. A systematic review of reliability and validity studies of methods for measuring active and passive cervical range of motion. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2010;33(2):138-155.
[edit | edit source]
1. Chorti, A. Acharya, V. Hugrass, L. Jackson, K. Building an online volunteer community to support global education and professional development of physiotherapists: Knowing our volunteers. (submitted to the WP2023, Dubai)