User:Adam Vallely Farrell
About Me[edit | edit source]
I am currently a Band 5 Rotational Physiotherapist working for Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS trust in the UK. At present I have undertaken rotations on Vascular wards, Amputee Rehabilitation, Respiratory medicine and Intensive Care.
I have a First Class Honours degree from University College Dublin having undertaken the accelerated MSc Physiotherapy programme.
As part of this degree I have undertook modules including; Musculoskeletal, Cardiorespiratory, Neurology, Therapeutic Massage and Research. Furthermore, I've gained clinical experience in the areas of MSK outpatients (Public and Private), Orthopaedic rehab, Cardiorespiratory, Neurology, Geriatric rehab and Cystic fibrosis.
My Dissertation was entitled; ‘Determining the Suitability of a Single Inertial Sensor to Detect Running Fatigue’ and won best student paper award at the ‘Body Sensors Network Conference, 2017.
Prior to my Master's in Physiotherapy degree I completed a BSc in Health and performance science in UCD (Awarding Grade; First Class Honours). Modules on my undergraduate degree included; Exercise physiology, strength and conditioning, sport injury management, Human nutrition and Sport psychology. I am an evidence based clinician with a passion for delivering the highest quality service through research and staying on top of new developments.
Education[edit | edit source]
MSc Physiotherapy, University College, Dublin, Ireland, Sept. 2015 – June. 2017
- Awarding Grade: First Class Honours, GPA 3.73
BSc Health and Performance Science, University College, Dublin, Ireland, Sept. 2012 – May 2015
- Awarding Grade: First Class Honours, GPA: 3.82
International Exchange, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States, Jan. 2014 – May 2014
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
Member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) and Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP UK)
Publications[edit | edit source]
Buckley, C., O'Reilly, M.A., Whelan, D., Farrell, A.V., Clark, L., Longo, V., Gilchrist, M.D. and Caulfield, B., 2017, May. Binary classification of running fatigue using a single inertial measurement unit. In Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), 2017 IEEE 14th International Conference on(pp. 197-201). IEEE.
Petrakos, G., Tynan, N. C., Vallely-Farrell, A. M., Kiely, C., Boudhar, A., & Egan, B. (2017). Reliability of the maximal resisted sprint load test and relationships with performance measures and anthropometric profile in female field sport athletes. Journal of strength and conditioning research.
Continuous Professional Development[edit | edit source]
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Manual Handling and Risk Assessment Course
- Hand Hygiene Certificate
- Currently undertaking – ‘FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine’
- Completion of E-learning Modules: Hand Hygiene for Clinical Staff, NEWS for non-pregnant adult patients, Prevention and Physiotherapy Management of Falls in Older People, Assessment in the Care of Older Persons, Introduction to Chest Radiographs, Physiotherapy and Critical Care Management
- Social Media and Online Learning: Keen listener of ‘Physio Edge podcast’, ‘BJSM’ and ‘NAF Physio Podcast’ alongside being a keen twitter follower for keeping up to date with the latest research findings and policies
- American Red Cross Emergency Responder and Pool Lifeguard
Websites[edit | edit source]
Physiopedia Badges[edit | edit source]
Contact Details[edit | edit source]
If you wish to email me regarding my work on Physiopedia feel free to get in touch by sending me a message through LinkedIn.