PP02- Week Two
Original Editor - Rachael Lowe
Top Contributors -
[edit | edit source]
- Go back to the Course Home Page
- Go to the Pre-Course Activities
- Go to the Course Activities
- FAQs go to Volunteer Orientation Course - FAQs
Introduction[edit | edit source]
This week you are going to review pages in Physiopedia, make improvements to these pages and reflect upon this experience.
We understand that reviewing and editing other people's work can be a daunting task but this is how we ensure that Physiopedia is constantly improving and being updated. Completing the tasks will help to make you a skilled and confident reviewer of Physiopedia content and give you a great set of skills for your future volunteer roles.
Task 1: Knowledge for Content Review[edit | edit source]
- Read about content review - before you do anything else this week read about the content review process in Physiopedia.
- Read our quality standards - also make sure that you read all the links on this page Quality Standards document so that you are aware of the quality that we expect in all Physiopedia pages.
- Read about what makes a good page - When reviewing pages it helps to understand what makes a good Physiopedia page
- Review your literature searching skills - we will expect you to do a literature search on the topic and update the page with any new evidence so make sure you are familiar with these skills.
Task 2: Performing a Content Review[edit | edit source]
You are now going to review and improve/update an existing page to meet our quality standards.
- Choose a page in Physiopedia to review. It can be any page of your choosing, ideally choose a page that needs to be improved, not one that is already perfect (or we may ask you to do two!).
- Try to find a page that really interests you, as this will become your page! You will be responsible for keeping the page looking awesome and regularly updated with the latest evidence and links to new resources! You can then add this project to your CV and CE/CPD portfolio as evidence of your continuing education and professional development. This initiative is part of our One Page Project, new for 2020!
- Follow the instructions on the Content Review Guidelines page to complete your review and make improvements as required. Make sure that this page is awesome!
Task 3: Discussion [edit | edit source]
- Share a link to the page that you reviewed in the #w2d1 channel in Slack.
- Share your thoughts on our content review process - how did you find this process, what could we do to improve it, are you becoming more confident to edit Physiopedia, can we make any improvements to our quality standards documents, does the content review process make sense, what can we do to improve the review process, how can we engage more people in the review process etc? Do this in the #w2d2 channel in Slack
- If you are active on social media, how about sharing your awesome newly revised Physiopedia page with your network. Be sure to include a @physiopedia mention and the #TeamPP hashtag so that we can follow the conversation!