Womens Health Course
Women's Health Physiotherapy was founded from the clinical area of Obstetrics and Gynaecolocy and is the care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally, including the teaching of antenatal classes, in the treatment of incontinence, and in the care of women undergoing gynaecological surgery. The scope of practice has now increased to include all health concerns of women: incontinence, pelvic/ vaginal pain, prenatal and postpartum musculosketelal pain, osteoporosis, rehabilitation following breast surgery, lymphoedema, education prevention, wellness and exercise. All females across the life span, from the young athlete, the childbearing woman, the menopausal and elderly woman receive benefit from physical therapy.
- Breast Cancer
- Low Back Pain and Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Lymphatic Obstruction (Lymphedema)
- Musculoskeletal considerations for the female population
- Pelvic Pain
- Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Distress Inventory (PFDI - 20)
- Pelvic Floor Incontinence Questionnaire (PFIQ - 7)
- Pelvic Girdle Questionnaire (PGQ)
Recent Research from Physiospot
- Physical therapy management of female chronic pelvic pain: Anatomic considerations
- Excitement Grows for Next International Meeting of Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists in Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic Care, Manual Therapy and Private Practice.
- Mediterranea creates new physiotherapy service in Ghana.
- Online physiotherapy glossary from the WCPT
- Crucial role of physiotherapists highlighted in end of life care guide
- Self assessment tool provide a meaningful measure of pelvic floor health in women.
- Physio Dubai 2012 ? 20/21 May ? Dubai
- Worlds first 3D transplant mandible.
- CSP formally opposes UK health bill.
- WCPT launches online presentations from World Physical Therapy 2011.