If you have a question that is not answered in any of the other Help resources you should search for it here. If you cannot find what the answers that you are looking for, add it to this page.
To add a question to this page you should follow the instructions below or see the asking help questions tutorial for more comprehensive instructions:
- click on the + tab at the top of this page
- add a your question to the subject/heading box
- describe your question in more detail in the comment box
How do I assign a page to a category?
Once you have written your page you should add it to one (or more) of the Physiopedia categories.
To add a page to a Category, simply click the 'wikitext' button and put the following in the page you are editing:
where NAME is the name of the Category you want to add it to. Any number of Category tags may be added to the page and the page will be listed in all of them. Category tags can be added wherever you like in the editing text, but in general, they are added at the very bottom for the convenience of other editors.
How do I add more headings to the outline of my page when editing?
To add a sub-heading to a page:
- On the page that you are editing type in your sub-heading as normal where you would like it to be.
- Highlight the text of your sub-heading.
- Then click on the little arrow on the right hand side of the box in the editing toolbar where it says 'Normal'. This will expose a variety of heading types to choose from. Choose the type of heading that you wish to use.
- Then save your page to view your new subheading.
Although all images in Physiopedia are linked to a specific page containing information about that image, such as file name, size and most importantly a reference for the image, sometimes we might wish to add an external link to that image. Now, it is quite a complex piece of code so if you are not familiar with editing the wikitext I wouldn’t recommend that you attempt this, however if you feel confident editing the wikitext here’s how you do it:
- Go to the page that you wish to add the image to
- Click Edit
- Click wikitext
- Add the following code where you want to place the image
<imagemap> Image:Physiopedia.jpg|200px| rect 0 0 206 134 [http://www.physio-pedia.com] desc none </imagemap>
- Replace Physiopedia.jpg with the name of your image
- Replace 200px with the size that you want the image to be
- Replace rect 0 0 206 134 with the size of your image (this information can be found on your image’s upload page in Physiopedia – see example)
- Replace www.physio-pedia.com with the URL that you want to point the image at
- Click Save
You should now have your image inserted in the page with a link to the URL that you want it to point at!
How do I get updates when changes are made to a particular page?
Many people are particularly interested to view all updates made to just one specific page in Physiopedia. It might be a topic in your specific area of practice, it may be a page that you have worked hard to create or you might want to add this specific feed to your website. If this is the case this is how you find the news feed for the page that interests you:
- Login to Physiopedia
- Go to the page that you are particularly interested in
- Click on the History tab at the top of the page
- Then click on Toolbox
- Then click on Atom
- This will give you the feed for that particular page. Copy the URL (web address) and add it to your feed reader to receive updates for any changes made to this page or use this URL to add the feed to your website.
Now you will see all updates for that particular page in your feed reader or on your website as they occur.