- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Other Causes
Principles of amputation
- Levels of Amputation
- Prosthetic assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Early Walking Aids
- Manual Handling Equipment
- Walking Aids
Broomhead P, Dawes D, Hale C, Lambert A, Shepherd R, Quinliven D, (2003) Evidence Based Clinical Guidelines for the Physiotherapy Management of Adults with Lower Limb Prostheses, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, London
Broomhead P, Dawes D, Hancock A, Unia P, Blundell A, Davies V (2006) Clinical guidelines for the pre and post operative physiotherapy management of adults with lower limb amputation. Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, London
Dawson I, Divers C, Furniss D. In print. Ppam-aid Clinical Guidelines for Physiotherapists. Scottish Physiotherapy Amputee Research Group. Glasgow
Blundell, Bow, Donald, Drury and Hurst. Guidelines for the prevention of falls in lower limb amputees. 2007. Produced as part of the postgraduate certificate in amputee rehabilitation, University of bradford & BACPAR. Modified April 2008 with contributions from P.Rochester
Recent Related Research (from Pubmed)
Recent Research from Physiospot
- Exploring the brain ? 27th April ? Coventry, UK
- Custom-designed and aesthetically-appealing prosthetic limbs get a leg up.
- Mediterranea creates new physiotherapy service in Ghana.
- Online physiotherapy glossary from the WCPT
- Anatomy of an Athlete: Elite sport, surgery and medical art
- Crucial role of physiotherapists highlighted in end of life care guide
- Physio Dubai 2012 ? 20/21 May ? Dubai
- Worlds first 3D transplant mandible.
- CSP formally opposes UK health bill.
- New guidelines for CRPS management